Proverbs 1:8 "Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching"

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Target REDCard

Here is my shameless plug for the Target REDcard. If you are like me and shop often at Target, you may want to look into their REDcard if you have not already! It is available in a debit card (it links directly to your bank account just like a normal debit card, for use ONLY at Target, no fees attached) or a credit card. I chose the debit card as I did not want a credit card- but that is my personal choice.

When you use your REDcard you automatically get 5% off your purchase= FREE money (as long as it's the debit card or you are paying your credit card balance off and not incurring interest). PLUS, you can designate a local school (or I guess any school on the list) to receive 1% donation from your purchases. My daughter's school was on the list so now for everything I buy using my REDcard debit card, I get 5% off and her school gets 1%. [This donation is NOT tax deductible btw]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read ANY and ALL information before you sign up for this or any debit or credit card. Read the fine print! See what they say about overdrafts, fees, interest rates etc. Make sure you really want this and it's right for your family. I did my research and found this would be beneficial for us, and that is why I am sharing because maybe it can help save you some money too.

Here is the link to info on the REDcard debit/credit card:
https://redcard.target.com/redcard/content/rcw_benefits_tgt_rewards

Here is the link to info on the Take Charge of Education rewards program:
http://sites.target.com/site/en/corporate/page.jsp?contentId=PRD03-005157

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for the debit card several months ago. I LOVE it. I shop a target all the time, this is such a money saver.

    ReplyDelete